[CT Birds] White-eyed Vireo question

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue May 8 10:38:51 EDT 2012

Looking it up in Connecticut Birds (Zeranzki & Baptist, 1990), it says of White-eyed Vireo:

"It is an uncommon to occasionally fairly common nester in overgrown fields and wet thickets but is much less numerous at higher elevations."

Perhaps you had migrants, or found the right habitat.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT