[CT Birds] Harris's Sparrow gone?

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue May 8 15:57:25 EDT 2012

Below I'm passing on what looks to be the last word on the Harris's Sparrow that spent the winter in Connecticut.  I've tried to thank the Perko's for their persistence in feeding and tracking the bird all these months.  Certainly this is one for the record books.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT

Dear Roy,

Am sending this to you directly as I did not it on Internet. Have not seen
Harris's since 5:30 P.M. on Sat. Have been back 2 times each day since.
We are leaving for out of State for a couple of months so we are no longer
able to check.  Thanks for your help. Maybe the Harris finally got the switch
turned on to migrate.

Annie and Mike Perko
Colchester, CT