[CT Birds] Question about the Blue-winged/Golden-winged hybirds

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue May 8 22:29:31 EDT 2012

Tom, I am anything but an expert, but I think that if you can get an answer from an expert it will be "We just don't know."  The population of Golden-winged Warblers is scarce enough and hard enough to track.  The hybrids are yet another degree less common, and I just can't imagine there is a whole lot of data on them.  The only way I can think answers might be available is through banding data, but the percentage of bands which yield later tracking data is very small; a small return on a small population doesn't leave much to go on.

But it sure would be interesting if I were wrong!

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT