[CT Birds] Northern mockingbirds, hard to believe but a 'year' bird

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 9 17:48:11 EDT 2012

Finding northern mockingbirds around my area here in Washington, CT is getting hard. I am not a very active birder so I 'get' my "year" northern mockingbird doing my local June bird count or doing my local Christmas Bird Count. I have not seen a mocker this year and was somewhat amazed to find two mockers today in my non birding travels to New Britain, CT. The first mocker I noted was in a New Britain City Park just to the north of the Hospital of Central Connecticut in New Britain. Driving my non Interstate highway route back home from New Britain I was surprised to see another mocker while waiting at a light on a state highway near the former Bristol Mall in Bristol, CT. Perhaps CT mockers are more urban birds?

David W Babington
Washington, CT