[CT Birds] Boston Hollow/Rentschler Field/Hockanum Trail

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri May 11 19:19:44 EDT 2012

>From Dana Campbell and Lynn James:
5/11/12 - Ashford - Boston Hollow and Yale Road - BLACK VULTURE, COMMON
RAVENS, 13 Warblers including BLACKBURNIAN, WORM-EATING, AND CERULEAN, and
lots of other beautiful birds like Scarlet Tanager, Yellow-bellied
Sapsucker, Eastern Bluebirds and Ruby-throated Hummingbirds.
5/11/12 - East Hartford - Rentschler Field - In the pond at Cabela's in
addition to the TRI-COLORED HERON reported earlier, Solitary Sandpiper,
Wilson's Snipe, Pectoral Sandpiper, both Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs.
Also in the fields Eastern Meadowlark, and American Kestrels.
5/11/12 - East Hartford - Hockanum Linear Trail - No Red-headed Woodpecker
found, but GREY-CHEEKED THRUSH (we debated long about it's being a possible
Bicknell's, but decided on Grey-cheeked because we saw no red at all on its
tail or primaries, and because it did not sing to give us any other
indicators.)

--
Dana Campbell, Interim Rector
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Meriden
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees, and flowers,
and clouds, and stars."

Martin Luther