[CT Birds] Hooded Warbler and Scarlet Tanager

louise tucker louise40pt at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 19:33:37 EDT 2012

Louise P. Tucker:

5/11/12 - Hurd State Park (East Hampton?) -- To the left of the small parking area above the trail leading down to the Connecticut river are 2 old dirt roads.  On the lower road (closest to the river) is a yellow gate. Approximately 200-300 feet from the gate is a Hooded Warbler singing on territory, which is on both sides of the road. He circles this territory, singing.

Here, I also saw a Scarlet Tanager, low in a bush. I think he must be a very recent migrant to stay so low.

Louise P. Tucker, Enfield, CT