[CT Birds] Tricolored Heron still at Cabelas

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Sat May 12 16:58:30 EDT 2012

It should be noted that the heron was not visible at the pond later in the afternoon yesterday -- I checked the location around 6:15 or so with no luck.  I was on a butterfly walk today in Windham and a participant on that checked early this morning and also did not have it.  So while it's true to say that the heron continues, it's somewhat more accurate to say that it has returned.

And since I didn't see it, it's also accurate for me to say GRRRRRR!  This is a heck of a bird for Hartford County.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT