[CT Birds] all in one tree!

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 13 13:40:23 EDT 2012

This morning with this beautiful Mother's day weather, at 9:30, i sat in the
garden and

saw a Magnolia Warbler in my big Oak tree. Then i noticed many other birds a
flitting
about in the tree. Ran for the nocks - and in the next 30 mins, I saw 12 species
of Warblers
in that one tree alone.

They were:

Magnolia
Yellow-rump
Chestnut -sided
BT Green
BT Blue
Blackburnian
Redstart - many
B&W
Nashville-FOY
Tennessee
Blackpoll -FOY
Cap-May - FOY - female flew in from my red Cedar tree.
= 12 Warbler species in one tree in 30 Mins!

Other warblers seen from my seat not in Oak tree.

C Yellowthroat
Yellow
Louisiana Water T
Ovenbird
N Parula = 17 species of warbler in 30 Min from yard.

Also - Had a Raven fly up from my compost pile!

Maybe we should have a competition for who can see the most Warblers
in ONE TREE? 12 ties my record for Warblers in one tree in 13 mins seen on May
18th in West Hartford 1972.

Paul Carrier