[CT Birds] 5/15:Branford: Cerulean Warbler, Clapper Rail, Yellowlegs, Willet, 7 Purple Martins, Willow Fly

Sunrise Birding sunrisebirding at aol.com
Tue May 15 09:46:37 EDT 2012

I tried an exercise walk this morning but ended up birding (as usual!).
  As I wandered down Flat Rock Road, I was surprised to hear and see
Cerulean, Black-throated Green, Black-throated Blue Warblers and a few
others.  At the Stony Creek Trolley Trail, I had my first 2 Clapper
Rails of the year as well as 2 Marsh Wrens and 7 Purple Martins using
the house in the yard at the beginning of the road into the parking
area.

Highlights from the Trolley Trail:
Clapper Rail  2
Greater Yellowlegs  1
Willet  3
Least Sandpiper  1
Eastern Wood-Pewee  2
Willow Flycatcher  1
Purple Martin  7
Marsh Wren  2
House Finch  1

The rest is on eBird.

For Roy

>From Gina Nichol:
5/15 -- Branford, Flat Rock Road -- CERULEAN WARBLER
5/15 -- Branford, Stony Creek Trolley Trail -- 2 MARSH WRENS and 7
PURPLE MARTINS

Gina Nichol
Branford, CT