[CT Birds] Westport:White-Faced Ibis

Mike Warner mjwarner at optonline.net
Tue May 15 18:08:13 EDT 2012

5/15/12 -  Westport  Sherwood Island State Park - White-Faced Ibis

     4 pm - There were 7 Ibis on the model airplane field in the rain very close to the edge of the marsh.  5 of these birds showed a very distict and noticeable white margin to the facial area.  Even in the scope I couldn't see a white margin on the other two birds as the flock busily fed on the lawn, perhaps they were juveniles.  While another birder and I watched, a third car pulled in and parked at the far end of the parking lot, spooking the birds to flight.  They made a short flight and dropped down into the marsh slightly to the left.

Mike Warner
Wilton CT.