[CT Birds] Westport White-faced Ibis

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 15 18:25:56 EDT 2012

5/15  Westport, Sherwood Is. S.P.  - I saw the WHITE-FACED IBIS with 6 adult
Glossy Ibis at the same location about 3:30 pm.  I obtained a couple
record-photos  just before the rain got heavy.  It has iridescent glossy
plumage, reddish legs, pinkish facial skin, and a reddish eye, but lacks any
distinct white around the face.  I suspect it is a 1st-summer bird (born last
year).  I'll try to post photos later.
Thanks for the call, Tina.

Frank Mantlik