[CT Birds] Sandhill Crane, Rocky Hill Meadows

Sara Zagorski penguinsz at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 15 21:40:44 EDT 2012

5/14 - I just got home from seeing the Ruff down at Hammonassett SP and found a
telephone message from Ray Acker, an out-of-state birder visiting family in
Wethersfield. He let me know that he had seen a Sandhill Crane at the motorcross
area in Rocky Hill Meadows this afternoon around 4 pm. I have always thought
that a crane would show up there some day, and on this amazing bird day it did.
I hope it stays until tomorrow! Thanks to Ray for the call, much appreciated.

Sara Zagorski
Wethersfield