[CT Birds] NHBC Raffle Walk with Jerry Connolly, leader

Kris johnson krisjohnson99 at snet.net
Thu May 17 17:05:11 EDT 2012

With six birder friends I finally redeemed the raffle walk I had won at the 2011
New Haven Bird Club Banquet which was a walk with Jerry Connolly at Hammonasset
State Park. We had an excellent morning starting at The Audubon Shop in Madison
at 7:45 we birded mostly Hammonasset State Park, collecting 60 species
throughout the park, but didn't find the RUFF at that time. We had just ended
our walk at 11:00 and gone back to The Audubon Shop to swap cars when we
received a call that the RUFF had just flown back into the Boulder Pond so we
all hurried back and got excellent views of it. A Great morning, Thanks, Jerry.
Kris Johnson
All Species are listed below:
Brant
American Black Duck