[CT Birds] IDing Plovers...Black Bellied vs. Am. Golden

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Thu May 17 20:51:33 EDT 2012

What is the best identifying field mark to distinguish between a Black Bellied Plover and an American Golden Plover, in Breeding plumage.  I think I saw Black=bellies today from the amount of white on the top of and the birds were "chunky".  I have a photos I can email anyone who wants to take a look.   I cropped them and they can be zoomed in on.  They aren't great but I'm still learning to ID so I'm not sure which bird I saw today.

Thanks.

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT