[CT Birds] 3 Tricolored Herons at Hammo today

Sunrise Birding sunrisebirding at aol.com
Thu May 17 20:52:07 EDT 2012

Hi All,
There was so much ruckus about the Ruff, I forgot to report that there
were two more Tricolored Herons seen from the end of the Moraine Trail
this morning by me and Buzz Devine.  The first one we saw at the
boulder pond looked odd with a lot of white on the wings.  I seem to
recall 3 Tricolored Herons at Hammo last year and talk of a hybrid.
Anyway, it was a great day at Hammo with lots of shorebirds seen from
the end of the Moraine Trail.  Buzz will be reporting it all to eBird
(thanks!).
Gina Nichol
Branford, CT