[CT Birds] East Rock AM

John Oshlick john.oshlic at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 11:55:58 EDT 2012

East Rock - very birdy this am. BT blues, blackpolls, and parulas were everywhere. 15 species seen. I had canada and blue-winged at the giant steps. A blackburnian was seen by another birder on the giant steps. Richard Payne had a yellow-billed cuckcoo. Mark Scott had a wilson's.

I also has a lincoln's sparrow and a swainson's thrush. My best bird was a gray-cheeked thrush. I watched it up close for 10 minutes. There was no hint of rufous on it so it most likely was not a bicknell's.

John Oshlick
Hamden