[CT Birds] Mississippi Kite, BB Cuckoo, Black Vulture at Branford

Sunrise Birding sunrisebirding at aol.com
Fri May 18 15:08:07 EDT 2012

Greetings Birders!
I apologize for the hasty report of the Mississippi Kite this morning
at Branford Supply Ponds.  The bird flew over just as we were starting
a bird walk and I wanted to get the word out quickly.

As we gathered for the bird walk in the parking lot of Supply Ponds, an
adult Mississippi Kite flew over the pond on the north side of the
causeway moving from northeast to southwest.  It circled around and
stayed long enough for good views and a photo by Roz Meyer.  Tail black
and fan shaped, white secondaries, pale, grayish head.  It continued
moving southwest and out of sight.

I posted one of Roz's photos at this link:
http://www.beta.facebook.com/SunriseBirding?v=wall

The eBird report is below.

For Roy:

>From Gina Nichol and Sunrise Birding Walk:
5/18/2012 - Branford Supply Ponds, Branford -- Adult MISSISSIPPI KITE,
2 BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO (heard), BLACK VULTURE

Gina Nichol
Sunrise Birding, LLC
Worldwide Bird Watching Tours & Wildlife Safaris
P.O. Box 274
Cos Cob, CT 06807-0274   USA
Office: 1.203.453.6724
Web site: http://www.sunrisebirding.com