[CT Birds] RUFF at 3PM

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Fri May 18 17:55:49 EDT 2012

Hammonassett SP, Madison

My husband and I were coming back from Queens this afternoon and stopped into the Audubon Shop for bird seed, etc. and Jerry informed us that the Ruff was still at Hammo.  We had about a 20 minute window to see the Ruff before we had to be back on the road to Waterford.  The Gods of Birding were with us today, thanks to Ken, Patrick C., and Flo who were kind enough to let us get great looks at the Ruff thru their scopes.  We had our bins with us, but the Ruff was for the most part far enough away in the Boulder Pond and/or the surrounding grass that a scope was really necessary.

A great find, plus great looks at the potential hybrid Tri-colored Heron.

Carolyn Cimino

Sent from my iPad