[CT Birds] wind turbines and birds

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Mon May 21 17:28:21 EDT 2012

With wind power, however, one should factor in the energy costs of manufacture & construction of each wind mill.  It takes a long time to pay that initial energy cost off, I gather.

(I also just heard that Hybrids in CO get their electricity mostly from coal-powered plants -- i.e., they burn coal instead of gas...wow!)

(MMS: another piece for you.)