[CT Birds] Hammo martins

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 17:36:07 EDT 2012

Since my initial post, I have received a number of emails off-list.  To summarize - the Purple Martins are fine.  They are most often seen around the houses in the morning and late afternoon, but are out foraging mid-day.  The houses are designed to discourage House Sparrows and European Starlings so the openings are not apparent.  The houses are not all the way up because it is windy by the shore and the martins are fine with the houses not being at the top of the pole.

Thank you to John Picard, Dennis Riordan, and Hank Golet for the information.  It is great to hear that the colonies are doing so well.

Glenn Williams
Mystic, CT