[CT Birds] Green Heron Beacon Falls

twomirers at comcast.net twomirers at comcast.net
Thu May 24 21:17:13 EDT 2012

I have a funny story in response to Sophie's surprise at seeing a Green Heron in Matthies Park, Beacon Falls. Our nephew was a member of t he first graduating class of Woodland  High School (maybe 2006?). It was held outdoors; it is adjacent to Matthies Park. As the speakers droned on, Alberta and I watched with delight as a  Green Heron flew over the crowd. And you know what's coming-the heron let loose over the crowd. We watched in a combination of horror and amusement as some of the people below the heron looked up to see what hit them. So yes, there are Green Herons at Matthies Park.

Rob Mirer

Now relocated to Moodus