[CT Birds] Last minute ADULT scholarships - June - Hog Island, Maine

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri May 25 10:25:07 EDT 2012

I was sent this notice with the suggestion that I might want to post it to CTBirds.  Normally I decline requests to post for others, but this one looked interesting enough I thought I should make an exception.  I know nothing about it except what was sent to me and is copied below.  I take no responsibility for anything about it, and my posting here should not be considered an endorsement by me or by the COA.

But it does sound cool.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT

Subject: Last minute ADULT scholarships for June: 6-day Audubon Project Puffin programs on Hog Island, Maine

Two $500 scholarships available forDear Sir or Madam, adult birding programs:

Joy of Birding
June 10-15
Instructors: Pete Dunne, Steve Kress, Wayne Peterson, Richard Eakin
More info: http://projectpuffin.org/OrnithCampsDescriptionJB.html#Programs

Field Ornithology
June 17-22
Instructors: Scott Weidensaul, John Kricher, Don Kroodsma, Tom Johnson, Sara Morris, Steve Kress

More info: http://projectpuffin.org/OrnithCampsDescriptionFO.html#Programs

The Audubon Camp in Maine is located on 330-acre Hog Island in southern Maine.  The programs are managed by Project Puffin, known for bringing Atlantic Puffins back to historic nesting sites in Maine.  All June programs include a boat trip to see the puffin colonies, as well as a diversity of birding trips, workshops and evening presentations by well-known ornithologists and birding authors. Participants live in modernized (but rustic) cabins on Hog Island.  The cost of the programs is $995, which includes food, lodging and all program activities, and scholarships are $500 each.  Read more at http://projectpuffin.org/OrnithCamps.html#Home.

Scholarship application: http://projectpuffin.org/hogisland/forms/2012-Scholarship-Form-Maine.pdf

Scholarships will be awarded first-come, first-serve based on need and potential benefit to the applicant of participating in these legendary birding programs.

For questions, email hogisland at audubon.org or call (207) 529-5828 x3201.

--
Erica Marx (Van Etten)

Hog Island Program Coordinator