[CT Birds] 5/27 - River Road, Kent

Alex Burdo aburdo10 at gmail.com
Sun May 27 15:25:04 EDT 2012

Sean and Brendan Murtha and I birded River Road up in Kent today from
around 8:00am to 12:00pm. We walked much of the road, which we found to be
quite birdy. In all, we tallied 55 species, including 11 wood-warblers, as
well as my 18th wood-warbler species of the weekend. Our highlights are
below:

>From Alex Burdo, Sean Murtha and Brendan Murtha:
05/27/12 - Kent, River Road -- 6 Common Merganser (including 5 adorable
chicks), 1 BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO (heard ONLY from the powerline cut at the
end of the road!), 2 YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER, 2 Pileated Woodpecker (had
all 6 woodpecker species here), 2 Yellow-throated Vireo, 3 PURPLE MARTIN, 6
Ovenbird, 1 Worm-eating Warbler, 4 Black-and-white Warbler, 3 Common
Yellowthroat, 1 HOODED WARBLER, 23 American Redstart 4 CERULEAN WARBLER, 1
Magnolia Warbler, 5 Yellow Warbler, 1 Chestnut-sided Warbler, 1
Black-throated Blue Warbler, 1 ORCHARD ORIOLE.

For more notes and information on the locations of species, here's a link
to the day's eBird checklist:

Alex Burdo
Fairfield