[CT Birds] Summer Tanager, 5 White-rumped Sands & Little Blue Heron at Hammo today

Sunrise Birding sunrisebirding at aol.com
Fri Jun 1 17:06:49 EDT 2012

Steve Bird & I led a private bird walk for a small group at Hammonasset
today.  We checked fairly thoroughly for the Wilson's Phal but it was
not anywhere we could see it.  We did find 5 WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPERS in
the Boulder Pool at Meigs Point, 2 LITTLE BLUE HERONS in the marsh east
of the nature center parking lot, and on Willard Island, a female
SUMMER TANAGER.  Below is the complete eBird report with details on the
locations, etc.

>From Gina Nichol & Steve Bird and private birding group:
6/1/2012 -- Madison, Hammonasset State Park --  1 female SUMMER TANAGER
(Willard Island), 5 WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPERS, 2 LITTLE BLUE HERONS