[CT Birds] ID Help: White-faced Ibis?

Michael Richardson michael_s_richardson at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 1 17:41:40 EDT 2012

I'm going to take another shot at this since I didn't get a response the first time sending.

I took this photo at Sherwood Island State Park in Westport, CT on 5/19/2012:

http://flic.kr/p/c77395

After I got home and examined the photo, I am wondering the ibis on the far right is the White-faced Ibis that was spotted there recently.  It looks fairly different than the other two, which are clearly Glossy Ibis.  It has a longer bill, duller feathers with no reddish-brown, and is generally larger overall.  Anyone have any input on this?

Thanks,

Michael Richardson
Connecticutwilderness.com
Norwalk, CT