[CT Birds] Olive-sided flycatcher N. Stonington

Julie Keefer julie.keefer at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 09:16:00 EDT 2012

My husband and I were sitting on the back porch enjoying the orioles when
we noticed a flycatcher way up at the top of some dedad branches.  We got
the scope out and determined it was an Olive-sided Flycatcher.  It actually
looked like the picture in my Sibley of a juvenile, with the white patch.
Do adults show this same patch or was this really a juvenile?  I'm pretty
sure it is a lifer for us!  It stayed up there catching bugs for awhile
then flew off.

Julie Keefer
North Stonington