[CT Birds] Olive-sided flycatcher N. Stonington

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 2 10:09:24 EDT 2012

Hi Julie,
Yes, the adult Olive-sided also typically exhibits those white patches when
perched.  (Sibley's illustration is a little misleading in that regard).  At
this season, it's safe to say it was an adult.  That species habitually perches
in the very top of a (dead) tree, from which to hunt insects.  Nice yard bird!

Frank Mantlik