[CT Birds] Mississippi Kites - recent Simsbury sightings?

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 3 21:06:05 EDT 2012

Jay's comments are current and correct.  I have personally been there a couple of times recently, mostly looking at and photographing dragonflies, but if a kite had flown through I certainly would have noticed it and I haven't.  That said, sometimes it would take patience to see the kites at that spot even in their successful years.  Patience being something I am not gifted with, it's quite possible that one or two even are in the area and I personally have not seen them.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT