[CT Birds] Red eyed vireos and Acadian flycatcher comments - Woodbury-Roxbury June Count

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 5 13:23:35 EDT 2012

I did Area K (parts of Washington, Roxbury, and Woodbury, CT) for the Woodbury-Roxbury June Bird Count on Sunday, 3 June 2012. I was amazed how many red-eyed vireos I noted in my travels in Area K. I noted the various comments concerning Acadian flycatcher numbers being reported. I usually can come up with at least one Acadian flycatcher doing Area K but I failed to find one this year. Looks like the Acadians flycatchers were finding good conditions in Area J for the Woodbury-Roxbury June Bird Count on Sunday according to Fran Z. Perhaps they like lower elevations by rivers?

David W Babington
Washington, CT