[CT Birds] Acadian Flycatcher

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 16:24:21 EDT 2012

As I've already proved, I know very little about Acadian Flycatchers,  but
I find the posts about them very interesting. As to the bird at Boston
Hollow, it was first found, that I know of, on May 25 and I saw and heard it for
 the third time today, making its stay at least 12 days. It has been in the
exact  same location every time, which is about 200 feet from Bigelow
Brook, with  reference to Jamie Meyers' mention of it being found near
For those that don't know, it's at the north end of Boston Hollow in
Ashford, less than 10 miles from the Mass border in northeastern CT. I have now
also found at least 3 Alder Flycatchers there, even though the "normal"
flycatchers in the area are Least and Willow.
Don Morgan