[CT Birds] "Female Redstart"

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 17:11:04 EDT 2012

If anyone has a question about the "female Redstart" and wants to try to
confirm it for themselves, here is a link to a Google map and directions to
the  spot. The directions are from Mansfield, with options, but you can use
the part  you need:

http://goo.gl/maps/ymrU

There is a turn-out on the south side of the road (left side, coming from
I-84, right side coming from Boston Hollow), directly opposite a driveway to
a  house with a fence along the drive and road. there is a pile of logs on
the left  side of the turn-out. The bird was heard twice and seen once from
this turnout,  and both times was singing loudly when I arrived. It
responded to a standard  Stokes recording of a Redstart. It was there at least from
last Friday until  today.

Don Morgan
Coventry