[CT Birds] Bird ID Question

Sarah Faulkner sffaulkner at comcast.net
Tue Jun 5 17:35:16 EDT 2012

I was a Bluff Point (Groton) today and was pretty sure I saw an adult, nonbreeding plumage Pacific loon on the estuary near the RR overpass -- has anyone else seen one down there?  I saw it in flight first, then sitting on the water.  Looked exactly like the photo on Cornell's site.

Did see TONS of yellow warblers, goldfinches, cormorants, American egrets (so many lost count!), 4 TV's, 2 RT hawks, several catbirds, lots of RW blackbirds, and one peregrine falcon (passing over), but no osprey!

Sarah Faulkner
If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood and don't assign them
tasks and work but rather, teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea."
                           -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery