[CT Birds] Bicknell's thrush trips

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 6 15:25:14 EDT 2012

I am actually leaving tomorrow to go up Mt Washington to try to find this bird. The Mt Washington Auto Road folks do offer a van trip up the mountain with a guide that leaves at 6 AM before the road is open to cars. It costs $50, but if you can't hike this is one way to do it. (I am taking the easy way this time, then meeting some friends for some more serious hiking.)

These folks also offer some nice package deals in conjunction with local B and B's and hotels, which include lodging, the van trip, and usually a field guide or some such nicety. Would make a pleasant weekend. I am staying at Joe Dodge Lodge, the AMC facility...much cheaper and lots and lots of hiker food included for a reasonable price.