[CT Birds] First Wednesday Walk at White Memorial 6/6/12, 60 Species

Kris johnson krisjohnson99 at snet.net
Wed Jun 6 20:36:10 EDT 2012

Litchfield, White Memorial 6/6/12, 8-12am
Twenty three participants joined our leader ,Greg Hanisek at White Memorial for
a very productive walk from 8-12 this morning (6/6/12).
Some might say the bird of the day was theLeast Bittern flying across Little
Pond, but others might pick the spectacular views of a Chestnut-sided Warbler
also at Little Pond or perhaps the Virginia Rail sighted sneaking from one
grassy clump to another through the marsh. It was a delightful instructive
morning of listening to and seeing 60 species.
 I am attaching the list Greg put on EBird with some editing for this list from
our recollection and the number of each species removed as recorded on EBird.
You should look at EBird if you want further information.
 Kris Johnson, Scribe
Species
Canada Goose
Mute Swan