[CT Birds] New Haven Bird Club First Wednesday Walk - White Memorial

John Oshlick john.oshlic at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 20:43:17 EDT 2012

NHBC First Wed Walk - White Memorial

Since nobody has sent in a report yet I will do my best

Greg Hanisek lead the walk. We had an excellent turnout. I think we had 53 species. We walked from the museum area to little pond. On little pond we had 2 least bitterns and 1 virginia rail. Other birds of note included 2 pileated woodpeckers, several red-breasted nuthatch, veery, least flycatcher, alder flycatcher, and chestnut-sided warbler. Yellow-throated Vireo, BT green, and blackburnian were heard. The highlights were the bitterns and the rail which were seen by most of the group.

John Oshlick
Hamden