[CT Birds] Red Knot - Horseshoe Crab artcile

Sarah Faulkner sffaulkner at comcast.net
Wed Jun 6 20:57:57 EDT 2012

This is indeed a story of the miracle of the interdependencies of two
species.  It was documented beautifully in a Nature program entitled "Crash:
The Tale of Two Species" -- I use it teaching middle school science, and
highly recommend it to anyone interested in the subject.  It has wonderful
photography and follows the full migration of the red knots, as well as the
controversy regarding the harvesting of the horseshoe crabs.  You can watch
it online or purchase it.  Amazing!

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/crash-a-tale-of-two-species/introduction/592/

Sarah Faulkner
Collinsville