[CT Birds] 2 Yellow-billed Cuckoos, 3 Cerulean Warblers and more at Hartman Park, Lyme, CT this afternoon

Sunrise Birding sunrisebirding at aol.com
Mon Jun 11 19:12:46 EDT 2012

Steve Bird and I went out to look for dragonflies in the Lyme/Old Lyme
area this afternoon.  We were amazed at how birdy it was at 3 PM at
Hartman Park in Lyme.  We started off with Least Flycatcher, 2 Brown
Creepers and 2 Cerulean Warblers and it got better from there.  There
were 2 Yellow-billed Cuckoos in different areas singing.  At one point,
we heard a warbler chip and suddenly a Worm-eating Warbler bulleted by
at ground level and acted as though it was injured rolling around and
dragging its wings on the ground.  I think it was trying to draw us
away from its nest which must have been very close to the trail.  There
were 11 warbler species and most of them singing actively!  A great
afternoon.  The eBird list is below.

For Roy:
>From Gina Nichol & Steve Bird:
6/11/2012 - Lyme, Hartman Park -- 2 YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOOS, 3 CERULEAN

Gina Beebe Nichol
Sunrise Birding LLC
Worldwide Bird Watching Tours & Wildlife Safaris
P.O. Box 274
Cos Cob, CT 06807-0274   USA
Office: 1.203.453.6724
Web site: http://www.sunrisebirding.com