[CT Birds] Boston Hollow, Yale Forest, 6-11-12

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Mon Jun 11 21:16:13 EDT 2012

Good mix of birds in the area today, even though some regulars were
missing. In particular the old clear cut on the paved part of Barlow Mill was
hopping, including my first Red-Breasted Nuthatch for the year there. Below is
a  list of birds from just that one spot - I never moved more than 50 feet
from my  car. Following is complete Ebird report for the day.

Don Morgan
Coventry

Clear cut:
Boston Hollow/Barlow Mill, Windham, US-CT
Jun 11, 2012 11:00 AM - 11:45  AM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments: Birds in this report are duplicates of  birds in BH-YF report for
same date, thus all X's. These are birds all  seen/heard in one location.
34 species

Turkey Vulture  X
Broad-winged Hawk X
Ruby-throated Hummingbird X
Downy Woodpecker  X
Eastern Wood-Pewee X
Least Flycatcher X
Eastern Phoebe X
Red-eyed  Vireo X
Blue Jay X
Black-capped Chickadee X
Tufted Titmouse  X
Red-breasted Nuthatch X
White-breasted Nuthatch X
Veery X
Hermit  Thrush X
American Robin X
Gray Catbird X
Cedar Waxwing X
Ovenbird  X
Black-and-white Warbler X
Common Yellowthroat X
Magnolia Warbler  X
Yellow Warbler X
Chestnut-sided Warbler X
Black-throated Blue Warbler  X
Pine Warbler X
Black-throated Green Warbler X
Canada Warbler  X
Eastern Towhee X
Chipping Sparrow X
Scarlet Tanager X
Red-winged  Blackbird X
Baltimore Oriole X
Purple Finch X

Total Report:
Boston Hollow/Yale Forest, Windham, US-CT
Jun 11, 2012 8:30 AM - 2:30  PM
Protocol: Traveling
9.0 mile(s)
51 species (+1 other  taxa)

Turkey Vulture 3
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Broad-winged Hawk  3
Buteo sp. 1
Mourning Dove 1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1
Downy  Woodpecker 1
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 1
Eastern Wood-Pewee  5
Alder Flycatcher 1
Least Flycatcher 1
Eastern Phoebe 6
Great  Crested Flycatcher 1
Blue-headed Vireo 2
Red-eyed Vireo 20
Blue Jay  3
American Crow 2
Tree Swallow 1
Black-capped Chickadee 8
Tufted  Titmouse 2
Red-breasted Nuthatch 2
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
Brown  Creeper 1 1 calling seen in same area 5 hours apart-calls in nearby
trees  sounded like young BRCR calling
Winter Wren 1
Veery 10
Hermit Thrush  4