[CT Birds] Charter Oak Landing, Hartford

paul cianfaglione pgcianfaglione at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 08:35:56 EDT 2012

6/16 Hartford, Charter Oak Landing -  1 PURPLE MARTIN traveling up river
with rough-winged and tree swallows, 2 OSPREY on a nest over the Charter
Oak Bridge, 2 adult BALD EAGLE patrolling the river near its nest.

How I ever missed this Osprey nest is beyond me! Bill Asterides mentioned
it to me a month ago, I didn't realize it was sitting right over my head.
This morning, an Osprey flew in with a fish and presented it to the other.
The Charter Oak Landing offers a perfect place to scope the nest.

Paul Cianfaglione
Canton