[CT Birds] 6/16 - Fairfield, Jennings Beach

Alex Burdo aburdo10 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 09:18:53 EDT 2012

I spent a very productive couple of hours at Jennings Beach this morning,
beginning just a few minutes after sunrise. My main goal was to get an idea
of how many Brown Thrashers were present in the area. I am happy to say
that I far exceeded my goal, as well as my estimate of breeding pairs left
in Fairfield (which has now doubled!!). I also recorded my highest count of
thrashers at any one location in my entire life.

I took extra care in making sure I didn't count the same bird twice, but
many thrashers were in present in pairs, which made them much easier to
count. More notes and information regarding these birds can be seen at this
link: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S10984711

>From Alex Burdo
6/16/12 - Fairfield, Jennings Beach -- 33 species including 8 BROWN
THRASHER, with breeding confirmed for 6 of these species including Downy
Woodpecker, Warbling Vireo, Northern Mockingbird, Northern Cardinal, Common
Grackle, and House Sparrow.

Alex Burdo