[CT Birds] Fairfield Parula

Kfinnan at aol.com Kfinnan at aol.com
Sat Jun 16 22:13:12 EDT 2012

We should follow-up on the Parulas.  I will check on the Kent Falls
individual.

The BT Greens are really interesting.  We have heard a few that  appear to
be young males, singing incomplete songs.  Lacking real  survey work, we can
suppose they are in search of new territories.  Who  knows how far and wide
they range?

Last week, leading up to the SBC, we saw and heard many  tanagers
(Scarlet), vireos and warblers on a "one day wonder" basis, apparently  moving around
in search of breeding opportunities.  The two-day SBC window  misses many
of them and makes us wonder if some, alternate survey methodology,  perhaps
longer-term, would capture them.

Kevin Finnan
Goshen

In a message dated 6/16/2012 7:24:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,