[CT Birds] Northern Parula

Anthony Zemba Anthony.Zemba at gza.com
Sun Jun 17 20:30:07 EDT 2012

To confirm what Dave said, RIDEM wildlife personnel have CONFIRMED nesting Parulas (active nest) in the past in the Great Swamp in Kingston RI

I have heard and seen singing Parulas in July along the Housatonic in Sharon, CT

They are listed as Special Concern so they are certainly nesting residents in CT with greater than 9 occurrences or else they'd be listed as Threatened.

Anthony Zemba
Durham CT