[CT Birds] the wilds of West Hartland

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 18 21:05:07 EDT 2012

Today, My brother Douglas and I went cruising around in his 4 wheel drive truck
up here in

the wild forests of West Hartland, and we think we might have seen a breeding
pair

of White-throated Sparrow. We are going to check this spot once again soon
for poss breeding evedence.

We also saw a female R. Grouse with large young, and so many Junco, Red-B
Nuthatch
and other good stuff nesting about.
At my brothers house here in W Hartland, he has 2 pr of Junco nesting, with one
nesting in a vine on the side of his house 6 feet up! very unusual location for
this ground nesting bird indeed.

He has also seen several times a Goshawk from his backyard deck.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton