[CT Birds] where to get native tree and shrub species

lcwahle at aol.com lcwahle at aol.com
Tue Jun 19 07:39:38 EDT 2012

Carole is correct.  CT DEEP no longer has a nursery for shrubs and trees... another casualty of budget cuts.  Local Conservation Districts do hold annual spring sales, and the species list is very good with decent prices, but it's only an spring event. Here's the link to the main page... may be worth it to get on the mailing list of the District office nearest you for a spring mailing.
http://www.conservect.org/

Prides Corner in Lebanon is also a major grower of plants native and not.  Also Pan's Acres in Canterbury is native grower.

Lisa W, Chester