[CT Birds] where to get native tree and shrub species

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 08:45:17 EDT 2012

I googled Morus rubra and came up with this site
http://www.nativnurseries.com/p-99-red-mulberry-morus-rubra.aspx  I have
tried planting them before and had a problem with girdling, so if you do
try one, protect the base with tree wrap and keep the vegetation down
around the base until it is well established.
--
Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut