[CT Birds] Chinese Goose? with Canada geese

busterggi at aol.com busterggi at aol.com
Wed Jun 20 15:56:46 EDT 2012

Monday I was in Newington at the plaza with Lowes, Outback, IHOP, etc, on the Berlin Turnpike when I spotted what appears to be an escaped domesticated Chinese Goose keeping company with a pair of Canada Geese and their seven goslings at the pond behind the plaza.  Can anyone verify this for me?  Is it unusual for domestic geese to do this?

Still getting most of the regulars at my feeder in New Britain but the score has changed - its now squirrels: 4, me: 0, 1 tie.  I'm beginning to feel distinctly inferior.

Bob Jase