[CT Birds] New Haven 6/20 - KITES-NOT

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 21 16:12:39 EDT 2012

I stood on the Grand Ave. bridge 10:15 - 10:50 am this morning 06/21, and
scanned the area for possible kites.  I saw none, but raptors I did see were:  4
Osprey, 10 Turkey Vulture, 2 Black Vulture, and 1 Peregrine Falcon (10:45 am).
 I suspect Ms. Richmond may be seeing one or more Peregrines, which are similar
in size and shape to MS Kite.
I trust she'll contact me/us ASAP if she does in fact see a kite.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford