[CT Birds] Wood Thrushes

Jan Hollerbach smilifase at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 21:11:42 EDT 2012

I was surprised to hear at least 2 if not 3 Wood Thrushes calling in my backyard and vicinity tonight. I often hear 1 in the morning and evening, although there was a silent period at the end of May. But to hear more than 1 had me wondering....  Could this be at all related to nesting?  I would love to think of Wood Thrushes making more Wood Thrushes in my own backyard!

On a separate note, did observe young RB Woodpecker getting fed on my deck railing yesterday. Also what appeared to be a Juvenal Hairy Woodpecker but it appeared independent enough to get its own suet, albeit no prizes for coordination!

Jan Hollerbach
Fairfield, CT
Vicinity of Lake Mohegan

Sent from my iPhone