[CT Birds] Boston Hollow/Yale Forest, Ashford, Union 6-24-12, 6-26-12

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Jun 26 18:48:05 EDT 2012

Notable birds were:
Black-billed Cuckoo
Purple Finch
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Adult female being chased around by a  Fluffy
       Fledgling         (say that 10 times  fast)
Brown Creeper with high-pitched, incomplete song - first year or a
fledgling?
Red-breasted Nuthatch calling with 2 higher pitched calls replying -
fledglings or
     nestlings?
Acadian Flycatcher and Least Flycatcher calling at the same spot (where the
 ACFL has been)
My last unknown song confirmed as an Indigo Bunting when I finally found
him.
First of the season juvie Chipping Sparrow, striped breast, indistinct
markings on cap

Ebird list June 24 and 26 combined:

Boston Hollow/Barlow Mill, Windham, US-CT
Jun 24, 2012 8:30 AM - 1:00  PM
Protocol: Traveling
9.0 mile(s)
Comments: Report for 6-24-12 with a  few birds from 6-26-12 included
59 species

Great Blue Heron  1
Turkey Vulture 4
Osprey 2