[CT Birds] 6/28 Milford Pt (turnstone & fish)

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 29 10:46:49 EDT 2012

Returning to Bridgeport on the ferry yesterday afternoon, I saw numerous (20?)
surfacing schools of baitfish (bunker or baby blues) off the
Stratford/Bridgeport shoreline. Almost no fisherman were there to try their

At Cupsogue, LI, NY yesterday, a small group of birders including Shai Mitra and
I saw 14 species of shorebirds (some species such as Red Knots and Dunlin have
been summering there) and 7 species of terns, including Gull-billed, Royal,
Sandwich, and Black.

Frank Mantlik